1 cup Milk
1 cup Wholewheat flour (Atta)
¼ cup Ghee
¼ tsp Saffron (Kesar)
1 tsp Green Cardamom powder (Chhoti Elaichi powder)
Salt, to taste
- Boil the milk. Reduce to half.
- Sieve the flour with salt. Add ghee, saffron, green cardamom powder and milk. Knead thoroughly to make a soft, elastic dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions. Roll each portion out into a disc.
- Heat an iron griddle (tawa). Cook the discs on low heat. Pierce with a knife in the centre. Press with a cloth all round while cooking.
- Remove when both sides of the roti have brown spots.
Great roti that my father-in-law makes very well. You can add a little bit of powdered sugar, cinnamon powder and ajwain to make this roti even more aromatic and flavorful. Great with potatoes sauteed in oil with cumin seeds, sliced onions, whole red chillies, green peas and salt. Maybe a recipe for simple potato subzi will follow soon! Have a brilliant day.