2-3 Chicken Breasts
2-3 Baby Potatoes
4 tbs Olive Oil
1 tbs Ginger Paste
1 tsp Fennel seeds, hand pounded (saunf)
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbs Dried Oregano
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to approx. 220°C.
- Make a bag placing 2 pieces of tin foil (large enough) on top of each other. Fold three sides and keep one side open.
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet.
- Pierce the baby potatoes with a fork.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and reserve the lemon. Put these in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, crushed dried oregano, ginger paste, pounded fennel seeds, garlic, and black pepper to this.
- Put the chicken breasts and potatoes. Mix.
- Keep this mixture aside for around 45 minutes. (Longer the better!)
- Place this mixture in your foil bag. Seal the bag and place carefully on a roasting tray.
- Heat in the pre-heated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Break open the foil on the table.
Enjoy this simple recipe with pao, garlic bread or lemon rice. Experiment with different herbs like thyme, rosemary and vegetables like spinach, beans, mushrooms. You can also add fresh cream or white wine to the marinade to get delightful variations. Serve with a glass of good white wine.
One thought on “Chicken Breast in a Bag!”
I tried this yesterday and it was awesome! I may have added a little extra salt and I didn’t have fresh lemons, so I used concentrated lemon juice. Very easy and quick to make.
Looking forward to more recipes in 2010!