I am battling with three issues : 1. Weight management 2. Withdrawal symptoms from quitting cigarettes and 3. Stress. To manage stress I usually cook. But this stress management method sometimes plays havoc with issues 1 and 2. Particularly when issue 2 plays havoc with issue 1. This is a recipe that partially dealt with all the issues.This is a recipe I adapted from two recipes that I read and tried with varying degrees of success. Most importantly, this is a healthy recipe that was a major hit with my guests! The recipe is simple, hassle free and very importantly has no added oil!
24-25 Lamp Chops, cleaned
4 Medium Onions, chopped
4 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
1-1/2 cup Yoghurt
3 tbsp Garlic Paste
4 tbsp Ginger Paste
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
4 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania powder)
4 tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera powder)
2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Salt, to taste
For the garnish
Chopped Coriander (optional)
Garam Masala Powder
- Clean and dry the lamp chops
- In a pan mix the lamb chops with all the ingredients except cumin powder, garam masala powder and the garnish.
- Place the pan on the gas and cook on high flame until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until the lamb chops are half cooked. Add cumin powder and garam masala powder. Mix.
- Continue to simmer until the gravy thickens, envelopes the lamb chops. Cook until the lamb chops are fully cooked.
- Garnish with ginger juliennes and chopped coriander. Sprinkle lemon juice.
Serve hot with rotis/phoolkas/parathas or simply devour as a stand alone protein fest – without the guilt!